Gak is a livecd based on Ubuntu Minimal. Gak's major applications include web browsing, torrenting, and functional programming.
What's the default login?
- Alsa - Audio configuration
- Feh - Wallpaper configuration
- GCC - C/C++ compilation
- gksu - Graphical privilege escalation
- Haskell - Functional programming language
- Ivman - Automount external hard drives
- Openbox - Lightweight window manager
- OpenSSH Server - Remote command line service
- Rar and Unrar - Create and extract RAR files
- Remastersys - Backup utility
- Scrot - Screenshots
- Transmission - BitTorrent client
- Unzip - Create and extract ZIP files
- Uxterm - Graphical terminal emulator
- Vim - Command line text editor
- VLC - Media player
- Xarchiver - Graphical archive utility
- XFE - File manager
- Xfwrite - Graphical text editor
- Xpdf - PDF viewer
- At the boot menu, choose Start or Install (it doesn't matter which).
- Right-click -> Terminal
- Enter ubiquity
- Follow the instructions
No need to login manually, thanks to a custom startup script, ob.sh.
Google Chrome hotkeys are fixed with the Backspace As Back/Forward for Linux extension.
How to take a screenshot
- Right-click the Gak background.
- Select Screenshot from the menu.
- After a delay of three seconds, a screenshot will be captured.
- The result is timestamped and saved in /home/gak.
- Intel x86 CPU
- 256 MB RAM
- 2 GB HD